Thank you for your support over the years. For a long time many of you have heard “new stuff is coming” and, well, here it is. We’ve begun the server upgrade process, which will occur over the weekend of March 14th. During this time we don’t have a planned outage, but it is possible that we may see some downtime.
We’ve been hard at work on the “new Nudge” (don’t worry, mostly same as the old Nudge) for over 6 months now. During this time we’ve literally rebuilt the entire system on a more modern, more scalable, and more reliable architecture. This new platform will allow us to build more new features and services much more rapidly in the future. In the meanwhile, here’s what you should expect:
* More delivery accuracy: in the current Nudgemail you’ve probably noticed an 8am Nudge may arrive as late as 8:10am. In the new version, 8am means 8am. This is a huge improvement for those of you who rely on us for all of your to-do’s and reminders.
* Streamlined snoozebar: the original Nudge design was done over 4 years ago, with only minor tweaks since. Now get ready for a much simpler, cleaner, “flatter” look to all things Nudge. Further, if you ever need to forward a Nudged email, deleting the snoozebar from your Fwd will be much easier
* New logo! We love it, hope you will too.
* Mobile-friendly emails: The new template uses a “responsive design” and will look a lot better for anyone Nudging on their smart phones, or tablets, or watches (well, no guarantees on the watch – yet).
* Even less downtime: Since its launch in 2010, Nudgemail’s been up and running well over 99.99% of the time. But downtime as we know is painful. With the new platform, we expect even better performance moving forward.
It may take a few days to work all the kinks out of the new system. It’s really, really challenging to migrate our existing product to the new one, and not ask you to re-set all your Nudges, but we felt that was the only right way to go about things. So you may see a few oddities here and there, and not every Nudgemail command has the new template/logo on it yet. But if you have major problems, please let us know so we can get under the hood as fast as possible.
Also, as soon as we’re done with the full migration, we’ll get some new features coming your way. In addition to fixing Google Calendar integrations, we’ll be adding support for Attachments, launching a Chrome extension, offering an iPhone app, and more! We’ll share more updates about future plans as soon as we’re back to normal operations.
Thanks again for your support, your patience, and of, course, your Nudging!